Sunday, June 3, 2007

what light through yonder window breaks?


These were taken on my trip to California. Most of them were taken while being in the air plane. There were many more, but these were probably my favorite.

I've realized that... and I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before, but I don't like taking pictures of the sky, or fields, or things that are natural in general. God's the creator of these things. Everyone takes pictures of these things. I guess it's hard to explain.

This summer I'm going to try to figure out a way to take pictures of things that people don't always see. I'm going to explore. Adventure. Create. Direct. Produce. Everything! I want to have something to do with what I'm taking pictures of. As much as I'm in love with clouds, stars, trees, etc. I want to photograph things that aren't just stand-still. I'm going to perhaps incorporate all the beauties in the world and do something more with them. We'll see how that goes.

California was incredible. Everything from the ocean, roads, waves, trees, animals, to the people... has it's way of truly affecting you. Positively of course. My home is here though. I truly love it here. I love Chicago. I don't know if I'm going to live here forever, but I know this is where I belong, for now.

P.S. I decided not to post the html of my Flickr pictures on to here anymore. Now you can click to get the larger picture here and not worry about being linked anywhere else. My flickr link will always still be available on the left though. :)


iTunes: Jewel

4 comments:

Chad Oneil Myers said...

Great stuff, Sarah! I'll keep checking back. Looking forward to what you're going to do creatively in the future.

...Yeah, those "Flickr" links always annoy me ;)...I just want to see a bigger version!

Anna said...

These are great and while I understand about skies, landscapes, etc....I always love to see these things through someone else's viewfinder....

I hope that you have a great summer and that you can challenge yourself creatively...

:) Take care!

laurel said...

Wow, these are beautiful! Very impressive for shooting from a plane.

Anonymous said...

Great shots Sarah. Glad to see you got back ok.

I agree that you have to find what interests you in photography. You will but sometimes you just gotta take pictures to develop that eye even more than you have now.